Friday 22 February 2008

Illness Sucks

Hey hey! I've created this blog just for me really, but if anyone else wants to read it, that's fine with me!!

Brief history: I'm Clare (28) married to Mike (30) with 1 son William (17 months, who we call Sausage ot the little man) and I'm 12 weeks pregnant with our second child (who we call mini-cookie).

I've been so so ill the last few days, it's been miserable. Today was the first day since Tuesday that I didn't throw up/have bad runs. Yesterday was definitely the worst day. Illness just seems 10 times worse when you're pregnant. I worry about no nutrients getting to the baby but I guess they must get it from somewhere. Thank God Mike was here today to look after William while I got some much-needed rest. I just want to eat normal food-I feel horribly empty but dry toast and chicken soup is about as exciting as it gets at the moment.

I just about managed to make it over to the hospital for our 12 week scan though at 11.30am!! So, so exciting. Mini-cookie was sleeping but with a bit of wriggling from me we managed to see some movement! The heartbeat was strong and we saw the legs, arms etc. It all seems so real when we see it on the screen. My EDD is 3rd Sept-just after William turns 2! Secretly I'm hoping mini-cookie arrives a few days early, then s/he'll be in the school year above Sausage.

My in-laws arrive tomorrow. Ugh. It looks like my MIL has lung cancer. She's coming to see us because she has a lung scan in London on Tuesday. I have a really bad feeling about what they're going to discover, given the symptoms she has and how ill she's been, but......we'll see.

Chicken soup time! Woop woop!

No comments: