Monday 10 March 2008

fab, fab, FAB weekend!

I've just had a WONDERFUL weekend!!
We went to stay with Beaky & Rav (my mum and dad's) in Herne Bay to check out some of the towns we might be moving to in the summer-Whitstable, Sittingbourne and Faversham were the 3 main ones we were interested in. Mike had Friday off so we drove down in the sunshine mid-morning-William slept the whole way! We were in Herne Bay by lunch and had a lovely time with my mum in the harbour, walking along the seafront in the sun! I love being by the sea-it's so calming and uplifting. We then went to the supermarket, bought a couple of treats for William (including a cuddly Makka Pakka!) and went home for a lovely evening, chatting, watching TV, and having a giggle! William's routine went completely out of the window-he ate his dinner an hour later, and was in bed over an hour later than normal, but he actually slept really really well both nights we were there-a miracle, considering he was in his travel cot and how CRAP his sleep has been recently! It was great!
I always feel so content at home with my parents. Beaky and Rav love William so much-they spent most of the weekend laughing at all his funny ways and words!
Saturday was a busy day. After a big cooked brekkie we went to Faversham. I loved it-it's quaint, with a little market and cobbled streets-but Mike wasn's so sure about living there. We took William to soft play in Faversham leisure centre and he had a blast. We then went to check out Sittingbourne-which was yuck. Cold and faceless, it reminded me a lot of Maidenhead-which is not a good thing. However, we did have a nice cake and drink in a quaint little cafe there!
After that we went for a lovely drive, looking at all the beautiful Kentish countryside. It's so beautiful.
Sunday was another busy day. Mike was really keen to see Whitstable so we went and checked it out. It's gorgeous and I could definitely see myself living there-but I could in Faversham too! We had some chips and ate them in Whitstable harbour in the sunshine, before going for a loooooong walk along the sea. It was wonderful. We got back to Maidenhead about 10pm last night. IT SUCKS to be back here in our crappy terraced house. I feel like my heart is already living in Kent and I want to move there NOW. Our official move date is 7th July-ugghh, that feels like so long away. That's 4 more months of looking after Rebecca! Bleugh. I can't wait to be nearer my parents and live in a beautiful little coastal town. Maidenhead is so, so boring; it's faceless and has no character. I'm fed up here now. I love having my 'mummy mates' nearby but that's not enough reason to stay. I love little coastal towns, with their quaint little butchers, sweet shops, bakers and cute little houses. I'll always be a city girl-I love London-but I don't want to raise 2 kids in the city. Imagine how much fun William (and sibling!) will have in the summer by the sea!
William's cold is bad today; he was running a bit of a temp earlier. He had such a busy weekend with no real proper naps so it's no surprise really. I've hada profitable morning, trying to sort out a first aid course, registering myself with Inland Revenue as a childminder, etc. The weather is awful with gales and rain up and down the country so it's a day in today-I don't mind too much, considering how busy the weeekend was.
Arrghhh! Louis will be here in 30 mins. I'd better find some way to conceal my increasing baby bump!!!!

No comments: