Thursday 14 August 2008

37 weeks, 1 day

So, I'm officially more pregnant than I was with William.
At 37 weeks, 1 day with William, I was in the throes of labour. *shudders at the memory*
The problem is, now I've hit this milestone, I keep on expecting things to happen at any minute. Which it might not for 3 weeks yet! Or even more (surely not though...........I was 3/5ths engaged at 34 weeks!!!) I need to keep busy to get my mind off everything..........
Feel quite grumpy today though actually and a tad hormonal. I'm so, so tired - I'm sleeping so badly because I just can't get comfortable in bed with my almighty bump, pelvic pain and leg cramps. I'm missing toddler groups, music classes etc with William that I used to do in Maidenhead - definitely going to start with those as soon as I can after the new baby's born. I feel like such a boring mummy - I can't do rough and tumble or crazy games with William like I used to. We've got quite a nice routine at the moment though - we stay in in the morning and play, then after his lunchtime nap (around 12 to 1.30 or 2) we go out for a couple of hours- which I never feel like doing but it's essential for both of ours sanity. We usually go down to the seafront, or to the park, or the library, or town. Or see my mum or dad if they're off work, obviously. Today it'll be the park, but what I really feel like doing is curling up in bed with a movie/book - the park is a 15 min walk away and it huuuuuuuurts getting there and back.
Also it now looks like it's going to rain! Aaaarrrghhhhhhhh!
I had a consultation at the hospital on Tuesday which was very demoralising. I was hoping to get the go ahead for a water birth at the Canterbury birth centre, which I visited last Saturday - it's wondeful - but sadly they strongly advised a hospital birth at Margate after all the complications with William (very long labour due his back-to-back position, drip to help contractions, cut twice, ventouse, third degree tear). I was seriously peeved on Tuesday-the idea of giving birth on the labour ward is just yuck. No birth ball. No waterbirth. Inevitable lack of midwifes to help me with breastfeeding etc. My experiences at Wexham Park have really put me off labour wards in hospitals, although I realise they may not be all the same. Anyway. I think I'll just do the majority of my labout at home, and go to Margate at the last possible minute! I could just discard the advice but I doubt the birth centre would be willing to take me on with 'HOSPITAL BIRTH ADVISED' written in my notes. The only other alternative is a homebirth but I've never been keen on that idea.
Ugh ugh UGH. Had enough of being pregnant now. I'm so big, I can't do bloody anything.
In non-baby/pregnancy/birth news, we met Bruv's new American girlfriend, Erin, on Tuesday! It was so lovely to see Bruv, and Erin is absolutely lovely. Not Bruv's usual type at all but they seem to really have a connection!
The door keeps on banging and it's really pissing me off. I'm grumpy. Time for lunch I think.

No comments: