Tuesday 6 May 2008

Despite everything.....

............we had a lovely weekend.
I was very blue on Friday when I wrote that last entry. On Saturday morning Mike drove back from Plymouth. He was exactly as I expected. It was so good to give him a massive hug. After some half-hearted discussion about what to do over the bank holiday weekend (man, I'm so bored of Maidenhead now-and so is he) we decided to go to Beaky and Rav's for the weekend - as was previously planned! They live in Herne Bay by the sea! We got there at about 3pm and had a lovely, lovely few days. It was perfect as it really took Mike's mind off everything! The weather (unusually for bank holiday) was wonderful - sunny, warm, and gorgeous.
We:
* Went to Whitstable harbour - I love that place, with its gorgeous fish market and cute little stalls! William even paddled in the sea! He loved all the stones and picked out shells too! We all had ice-creams -even William!
* Walked along Herne Bay seafront.
* Went to Herne Bay and sat on the beach. We bought William a bucket and spade which he loved - Beaky showed him how to make sandcastles! We also walked out to the 'spit', and ate ice-creams! Again!
* Went out to dinner at a gorgeous pub and had Sunday roasts. William's routine went totally out the window and he ate dinner with us about 7.30pm! He loved being a 'grown up' and ate a ridiculously big dinner, including shedloads of gravy and cranberry sauce!
* Went to the Whitstable May Day fair in the Whitstable castle grounds- which was fab. We saw morris dancers, maypole dancers, and got William two balloons (including an IgglePiggle/ Upsy Daisy one) which he loved. He also loved playing in the fountains!

All in all, a lovely weekend. I love Whitstable and Herne Bay so much. Not long to go til we're there........
Beaky (or 'Beat' as William calls her!) and 'Rad' were bowled over by William's cuteness and funniness. I may be biased, but my little boy has such an amazing character - I'm so proud of him.
Mike's back in Plymouth now - he drove back this morning. I was a bit concerned about him going back - after being totally away from it all - but he had to go back. He's back on Friday to pick me up, and then we're all going back on Saturday for the funeral next Monday.
Today is gloriously sunny and warm! I'm wearing a skirt! At playgroup this morning all the toys were outside - it was lovely! My plan is to take the kids to the park this afternoon - when William wakes up. He's had some very short nights recently, going to bed as late as 9pm so he needs to catch up.
I'm supposed to be tutoring at 7pm but I might postpone til tomorrow - I'm so tired.
I HAVE to tell everyone the news that we're moving this week - Rebecca's mum & dad, Louis's mum, and the girls. I can't leave it any longer. It's like a cloud hanging over me - just gotta do it.
Rebecca is crying as I'm typing this. Better go.

No comments: