Monday 19 May 2008

Typing at the speed of light......

........cos although both kids are asleep, I know one of them at least is going to wake up in a mo, and really i should be doing stuff like prepping dinner blah be blah....
No Louis today cos he's on holiday. Yay! Much easier with just 2.
We had a really, really lovely family weekend! On Saturday lunchtime after William's nap we caught the bus into town and all had lunch at noodlebar - man, I'm going to miss that place when we move, and so will William I suspect! We then whizzed off to the library - one of William's very favourite places! - where he read lots of books with daddy and we got some more out for him. Daddy then took him to cheeky charlies soft play while I did some quick food shopping! Phew! It was a lovely, busy afternoon and William had a blast!
Yesterday after William's nap we headed off to the annual Maidenhead Duck Derby!!!!! It was so much fun although poor Sausage had a bit of a cold and was a bit grumpy. We had an ice-cream, William and I rode the train round Ray Mill Island (he LOVED that), we had a few gos on the stalls, and watched punch and judy. It was great! After a walk along the river we headed home - William was getting REALLY grumpy by then. After my favourite dinner of fajhitas we watched Into the Wild - man, what a film. I couldn't stop thinking about it when I went to bed. Still can't, actually. I'm really fussy about films, and rarely watch them, but this one........it was brilliant!
William was very restless during the night as his nose is so stuffed up. Not much I can do except put Vicks on his chest and olbas oil in the cot. Still, he's been happy as ever this morning so I don't think (touch wood) he's ill really! After months of ignoring the vast majority of his toys, he's actually playing with them again! We had them all out this morning. He especially loves his newish alphabet & number puzzles!
Gotta tutor this evening which means racing to get William to bed by 7pm......tricky these days, especially as he naps later. Hurumph. Think we'll head off to the park for a good run around when he wakes up; should wear him out a bit.
Something feels wrong down there. It's either thrush or cystitis........or maybe both. Yuck. I think I'm going to have tro go and get it checked out at the docs.....cringe. Wish they weren't all bloody male docs.
Right, I'm going to try and do a couple of jobs before the kiddywinks wake up. Adios amigos....xxxx