Tuesday 8 April 2008

Flat

I feel really flat and a little low this morning.
It's the Easter holiday here in Maidenhead, so no Tuesday morning playgroup. :-( Or Thursday morning playgroup. Or MAD music class on Friday...........for 2 weeks!! Bleugh.
We stayed in all day yesterday and it was a loooooooooooong afternoon. Poor Sausage was clingy and out of sorts and brought me book after book to read. He didn't really want to play or anything. Louis was subdued too, and Rebecca......well, she was just her normal pain-in-the-ass self.
I went to bed at 8.50pm after having just soup for dinner and my tummy seems normal now....touch wood. William had a temperature on and off all night which I soothed with infant ibuprofen. He's not right this morning either and went for his nap at 10am....so much earlier than normal.
It's a week since he had the MMR, and he's been ill on and off ever since. They said the main effects occured a week after the jab....which is today. But it's irritating as before the jab he was completely healthy; no colds or anything. He now has: a temperature, a cold, a cough, and gunky eyes! I'm totally pro-vaccine, and he definitely had to have it, but he seems to have had a particularly unpleasant reaction to it. I feel like I'm giving him loads of calpol and ibuprofen-which I'm not really-but how else can I bring his temperature down and make him comfortable?
I hate staying in the house. It's going to get harder & harder for me to go into town etc as I get bigger, as the hill I have to walk up is a killer.....so I think I'll be staying in a lot more before we move. Which is a miserable thought. I'm yearning to move to Whitstable. I just think things will be so much easier over there. 3 months............
And I can't WAIT to stop f*cking childminding. I hate, hate, HATE this job. And I suck at it. I hate doing something I suck at. I was a bloody good teacher. This......is just not me.
Also Mike's off to see his friends this weekend - which is fair enough, he hasn't done that for ages. I'm seeing my uni friends in Bristol, which would be lovely except I fell out with one of them a month ago (long story) and we're supposed to be going over to visit her and the baby on Saturday. For the sake of group harmony, and so it won't be really awkward on Saturday, I need to ring her and say let's just forget about it....but it's a difficult call to make and I really can't be bothered. It wouldn't bother me if I never saw her again - she does my head in and is no kind of friend really. I think I'll do it tomorrow or Thursday. I really can't be arsed today.
So that's why I'm flat today. I wish my mum was just round the corner (she will be in July when we move!). It's a beautfiful day. So what to do with the children after lunch? I could go to the park, or attempt a trip into town to the library?? I'm thinking park. It's close, and we could always go for a nice walk afterwards. I really can't face that walk into town!

No comments: